Awaken, Equip, Mobilize
The mission God gave the founders of Araminta was that a united church is a mighty force against modern day injustices. The founders saw a future showing when every person plays their part, standing together in unity against human trafficking, there will come a day when traffickers realize they can no longer do business in Baltimore, because the people will just not allow it.
We welcome your congregation to partner with Araminta in bringing light to the darkness of child sex trafficking. We believe the church is not only the place to have the conversation but is uniquely postured to offer biblical foundations related to sex, sexuality, healing and restorative communities. Yahweh and Jesus’ treatment of the exploited individual set an incredible precedent for the tender care, dignity, and hope that the church is called to exemplify.
There are numerous ways that a church can engage with Araminta Freedom Initiative and various ways Araminta can accelerate your churches’ understanding of, and engagement with, the injustice of human trafficking. Breaking up these opportunities by segmenting what you can do and what we can offer, we give each church community a detailed outline to assess both their needs and their resources. Read more on our Strategic Planning Outline for Church Engagement.
To discuss how your church can be involved, please contact our Chief Development Officer, Jamie Miller, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have several ways for community members, organizations, and businesses to come alongside our vision, Every Child Free…
Community members can come alongside Araminta individually or corporately in the following (but not limited to) ways:
- Gather a group (as small as five individuals) and request an Araminta presentation that will awaken your friends, community organization or business to the reality of human trafficking in Maryland and then equip and mobilize them to respond
- Donate practical items or financial contributions to fulfill our monthly Tangible Needs request list — These tangible items/funds have a direct impact for child sex trafficking survivors and at-risk youth currently served through our Survivor Services programs; allowing them to thrive in their journey to full restoration
- Participate in our Race Against Traffick 5k/10k Run & Family Fun Walk, held every May, by organizing a Race Team, volunteering at the Race, running and walking, and/or raising critical funds through peer-to-peer fundraising
- Attend an Araminta training to be an Araminta liaison to your community
The mission of Araminta is to Awaken, Equip, and Mobilize entire communities to end child sex trafficking. While Araminta utilizes professionals such as psychologists, social workers, and attorneys in the restoration process for survivors, we believe that it’s our trained and equipped volunteers from all backgrounds who will collectively carry the impact necessary to provide resources to partner agencies and end trafficking in our community.
Following the example of our namesake, Harriet Tubman, we believe that ordinary people can and will change the course of modern-day slavery.
Currently, Araminta volunteers serve in the following capacities:
- Tangible Needs
Community Education & Awareness Team
- Certified Presenters
- Youth Curriculum
Faith & Community Involvement
- Church Engagement Team
- Demand Team
- Prayer and Intercession
- Race Against Traffick
For questions regarding volunteering opportunities, contact Araminta at email@example.com.
If you are a certified volunteer, presenter or mentor, click below to access the Araminta Portals for on-going updates, helpful information, and resources.
Awaken Bible Study
The Awaken Bible Study was designed to empower church small groups, Sunday school classes, or Bible studies to expose the darkness of human trafficking by studying the Bible together. In this five-session study, you will discover why God’s heart for biblical justice and His love for children compels the Church to mobilize against an industry that exploits children and teens:
- Session One covers our call to justice
- Session Two provides an overview of victims of child sex trafficking
- Session Three delves into the culture that influences trafficking
- Session Four covers the role of the church
- Session Five explores the role of Araminta Freedom Initiative and how individuals can further engage
Bible Studies are available to purchase individually for $15 plus shipping fees. A companion Leader’s Guide PDF is included with every purchase upon request.