5K/10K Run & Family Fun Walk
May 11, 2019 | Druid Hill Park | Baltimore, MD | 8 AM
It’s time to lace up your running shoes and pave the way to hope and freedom for children in Maryland! Join us for a 5k/10k Run or Family Fun Walk (1.6 miles) to raise awareness about human trafficking and fundraise for Araminta Freedom Initiative’s mission to end it. Gather your friends, family and colleagues to participate in this fun and family friendly event that demonstrates our whole community standing together against child trafficking.
Content at the event will be appropriate for all ages, and we invite those wanting to learn more about the subject matter to attend an AWAKEN: Introduction to Human Trafficking event held throughout the year.
Click the buttons below for more details about Race Against Traffick.
Interested in volunteering at the Race?
Step 1: Click here to read through the Race Volunteer Opportunities
Questions? Please contact Shelley Manner, firstname.lastname@example.org
All prospective volunteers must familiarize themselves with the Volunteer Guidelines:
- As a volunteer, you are an ambassador for Araminta and should treat all runners, guests, participants, other volunteers and staff with utmost courtesy and respect.
- As a volunteer, take pride in your role! Attire should include your volunteer t-shirt with jeans, khaki/black pants, or running apparel and comfortable shoes.
- Be prepared to answer many types of questions. Familiarize yourself with the course map and event information available on the website; more detailed information will be provided closer to the race day.
- You can sign up for as many shifts and roles as you like — but please make sure they don’t overlap!
- Once you sign up, we depend on your commitment. Your prompt arrival and completion of your shift are vital to the event’s success. When you sign up, you commit to being present for the entire length of your specific shift(s).
- Until 2 days prior to your scheduled shift, you are able to change/cancel your day/assignment by contacting email@example.com.
- If it is the day of your scheduled shift and you find you cannot make it, please be considerate and send a text message to Alicia Corson, 443-934-0637 so we can adjust our roster.
- Our event will take place regardless of the weather. Please check the weather and dress accordingly. We recommend dressing in layers, as the weather can change quickly.
- If at all possible, please refrain from texting/talking on your cell phone during your volunteer shift.
- Your assignment is complete when your team leader releases you. If you have not been released at the end of your shift, please contact a lead volunteer or staff member. If you are on the course, your assignment is complete when our “sweeper”, who will be re-running the course to ensure things are cleaned up, passes by and you have cleaned up your area.
- Depending on race needs, volunteer assignments may be reallocated — please be flexible.
- Araminta is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.